The Snapshot™ IS is intended for periodic manual collection of data as part of a plant asset management program. The instrument offers a single vibration channel plus speed/phase input. Its ATEX Directive II Ga Ex ia IIC T4 (Ta -20°C to +S0°C) , and Directive I Ma Ex ia (Ta 0°C to +S0°C) hazardous area approval permits use in Intrinsically Safe environments without the need for a special “hot work” permit. Snapshot™ IS interfaces with the Bently Nevada’s System 1™ software platform. The user configures point and route information in System 1, downloads the configuration to the Snapshot IS, and transfers collected data back to System 1 for display, trending, and storage.
Features and Benefits
- Snapshot IS provides single-channel data acquisition with a second channel for phase and speed input.
- Lightweight design allows single-handed use for extended periods of time with minimal physical effort.
- IPS4 rating permits use in harsh environments.
- Removable NiMH battery provides 6 to 8 hours of use between charges.
- Polycarbonate/ABS case design provides high impact resistance and durability.
- 1/8 VGA display (backlit) and integral touchscreen provide a convenient user interface.
- Ergonomically designed keypad permits simple operation with either the left or right hand, even with gloves on.
- Intuitive user interface simplifies operation.
- 16 MB of standard on-board memory accommodates large data collection schedules.
- Unit supports a wide variety of rack buffered measurement types and signal processing options, including:
- Proximity probes
- Velocity transducers
- Temperature measurements
- Numeric data
- Manually keyed notes
- User-configurable dynamic inputs
- REBAM® transducers
The Snapshot IS data collector uses System 1 host software (refer to System 1 Specifications and Ordering Information, p/n 14S146-01) for permanent storage of all collected data and for system configuration functions.