Allen-Bradley SLC System
RockWell Allen-Bradley 1747 SLC™ 500 PLC is a chassis-based, modular family of controllers and I/O. With multiple processor choices, numerous power supply options and extensive I/O capacity, the SLC 500 family provides a powerful solution for mid-range stand-alone or distributed industrial control. As one of the first full-featured small controllers on the market, it remains the gold standard in logic controllers more than a decade after its introduction.
- Up to 64 K words of configurable data and program memory
- Control up to 4096 input and 4096 output signals
- Configure up to three local chassis, with 30 local I/O or communication modules maximum
- Monitor and control remotely located I/O across ControlNet™, DeviceNet™, and Universal Remote I/O links (requires I/O scanner module)
- Built-in ports for EtherNet/IP™, DH+, DH-485, or RS-232 communication
- Available communication modules provide additional communication options
- Specialty modules support simple motion control applications
- Continued support and on-going engineering investment for a large installed base
- 1747 SLC™ 500 Controllers
- 1746 SLC I/O
- 1746 Chassis
- 1747 Communication Interface Modules
- 1746 Power Supplies
- UL, C-UL, CE, C-Tick
Certifications apply when product is marked. See our Product Certification site for Declarations of Conformity, certificates and other certification details.
Allen-Bradley SLC PLC System 1746 SLC™ 500 Power Supplies provide power to installed controllers or adapters and I/O modules in an SLC chassis. Seven power supplies support a range of AC and DC input voltages.
Allen-Bradley SLC™ 500 system requires a chassis to contain the various modules. Chassis are available in sizes of 4, 7, 10, and 13 module slots. The backplane provides a communication path between the I/O modules and either the controller or the I/O adapter module.
Allen-Bradley SLC PLC System 1747 SLC™ 500 Communication Interface Modules let you add another communication port to the SLC 500 controller. This adds network capability beyond the available on-board ports. Some modules provide an interface between a port on the controller and another communication link with a different protocol. Other modules communicate with the SLC processor over the system backplane.
Allen-Bradley SLC PLC System 1747 SLC™ 500 controllers provide a range of choices in memory, I/O capacity, instruction set,
ALLEN-BRADLEY SLC 500 PLC SYSTEM
and communication ports to let you tailor a control system to your exact application requirements. Our controllers have a strong reliability history covering hundreds of thousands of installations in a broad range of applications.SLC 500 Controller Comparison:
|Controller Series||Instruction Memory Words||Max. I/O Points||I/O Options||Built-in Ports||Additional Features|
|SLC 5/01||1 K or 4 K||960||Local I/O||DH-485 (cannot initiate messages)||Basic set of 51 instructions|
|SLC 5/02||4 K||4096||Local I/O, remote I/O||DH-485||Expanded instruction set, faster scan times, extensive diagnostics for more complex applications|
|SLC 5/03||8 K, 16 K, or32 K||4096||Local I/O, remote I/O||DH-485, RS-232-C (ASCII or DF1)||Connects to external intelligent devices using the RS-232 port, without additional modules|
|SLC 5/04||16 K, 32 K, or 64 K||4096||Local I/O, remote I/O||DH+, RS-232-C (ASCII or DF1)||High-speed peer-to-peer communications and direct connection to PLC-5 controllers|
|SLC 5/05||16 K, 32 K, or 64 K||4096||Local I/O, remote I/O||Ethernet (10BASE-T 10/100 Mbps), RS-232-C (ASCII or DF1)||Ethernet supports program upload and download, on-line editing, and peer-to-peer messaging|
Allen-Bradley SLC PLC System 1747, Please contact our sales personnel.
SLC 500 I/O Modules
Allen-Bradley SLC PLC System 1746 SLC™ I/O provides a full range of digital, analog, and specialty I/O for a wide variety of applications. You can use the I/O modules in a local I/O chassis of an SLC 500 controller. Or, use an I/O communication adapter module to place I/O in a chassis at a location remote from the controller.
1746 SLC Digital I/O Modules,1746 SLC Analog I/O Modules,1746 SLC Specialty I/O Modules,1746 SLC Communication Interfaces
Bulletin 1746 SLC™ 500 power supplies provide power to
SLC 500 Power Supplies
installed controllers or adapters and I/O modules in an SLC chassis. Seven power supplies support a range of AC and DC input voltages.
- Withstands brief power losses without affecting the operation of the system
- Typical hold-up time of 20 milliseconds to 3 seconds
- Connects directly to the chassis without an additional cable
- Four DC options support 12/24V DC, 24V DC, 48V DC and 125V DC input voltages
- Three AC options support 120/240V AC input voltages
SLC System Software
Use RSLogix 500 programming software software to program your SLC™ 500 system.
The controller and modules you select, along with your network configuration, determine which additional software packages you need to configure and program your system.